Customize a solution to meet your specific needs
The OPC DataHub comes with a powerful scripting language that helps you customize a solution that gets the job done. Whether you need to run a script every time a specific value changes, or you need to build a custom window so that operators can enter data, the DataHub scripting feature will help you do it.
- Attach code to specific data points so the script runs whenever the point value changes.
- Create alarm condition scripts and have them display warning messages to the user.
- Build custom dashboards and summary displays directly in Gamma scripts to create self contained DataHub applications.
- Create Excel readable log files from your live data by running logging code on a timed interval, or whenever a point change occurs.
- Connect to ODBC compliant relational databases to extract data as well as create records from live data.
- Apply linear transforms on data as it passes through the DataHub (for example change a temperature reading from Celsius to Fahrenheit).
- Create full OPC Server simulation programs in Gamma to test production systems before you 'go live'.