Demo OPC to Web On Your Computer
See the DataHub Web Server in action
These step-by-step instructions will show you how easy it is to display live data in a web browser on your own computer. No need to call the IT department for this one, just follow the steps below and you'll be up and running in a couple of minutes. Dig a little deeper and you'll also find out how to display your own live data.
- Download and install the latest version of the OPC DataHub.
- Run the OPC DataHub by clicking on the desktop icon.
- Run the DataPid program to send test data to the OPC DataHub.
- Open your web browser and type localhost into the address field.
You will see the DataHub Web Server page. There are many examples given on this page, and we have highlighted a few of them below.
- Click on 'Java - Trend and Gauge Example' to see the following page.
- Go back to the start page and then click on 'Streaming AJAX - DataHub Browser' to see the following page. Navigate the tree to select the DataHub domains you want to see. This web application is installed with the DataHub and is used to display your data on the web, without you having to do anything other than connect to your data source. Just follow the instructions given in the example page and in only a few minutes web users anywhere will be able to view your live data, in a browser, with no programming or server setup required. See the OPC to Web documentation for more details.
- Go back to the start page and then click on 'Polling AJAX - High speed alternative' to see the following page. This shows one of the AJAX examples provided.
Read the documentation for OPC to Web to see how you can display your own data on the web using our examples as a guide.